Monday, September 11, 2006

Goodbye Berlin

I'm in Prague right now. Sorry for the lack of updates.

My birthday was supremely chilled out... I didn't leave the apartment, and i read Catcher In the Rye (pretty awesome book). It's fair enough, though; we didn't get home till about 6 that morning. We'd gone out to check out the "short shorts party" we'd seen advertised on flyers all over town. We rocked up at about 11 and nothing was happening, so we went on a quest to one of the main train station looking for supplies. 50 euros later we returned to club Short Shorts with 7 hits of artificial sweetener ("guys, i'm definately starting to feel something... yeah, i definately feel sweeter") and the worst bud I've ever come across. Oh well, it's all part of the adventure.
Before we went in we had a smoke, and were approached by a somewhat geeky-looking guy looking for drugs. We shared our useless joint with him, and he asked if his girlfriend could have some too. "This is Foxy," he said. "Hey," said foxy, posing with the joint. She exuded TC more than anyone I'd ever met. I don't know what she was doing with that guy, and you could practically hear her thinking "this party it so lame" in a french accent. We didn't see them together for the rest of the night.
We went in and Villan were on stage; two guys with fake but awesome-looking mohawks, both singing, one playing samples and synth. I really enjoyed them, but the best was yet to come: Team Plastique, an electro-clash outfit from Brisbane with two female singers and a male guitarist. Their show was great, involving toplessness and various foods being rubbed on bodies. The acid-fried old man in the audience got a fair bit of stage time. He also grabbed me from behind at one point, and I turned around to find his wide-eyed, open-mouthed ecstatic face. That creeped the hell out of me.

The internet point at this hostel has opressively limited functionality, so I can't find out the URL of the picture I want to link to, but go check out Team Plastique at www.team-plastique.com
Also check out Villan at www.myspace.com/villainoussounds

We were leaving for Krakow on Tuesday morning, so we were ready for an early night. We went to another beach bar, and went up a building with graffiti everywhere, and a bunch of galleries on 3 floors and a bar at the top. We stopped on our way home to get some dinner. I was sitting at the table eating my noodles and watching a pub crawl walk past, when who should I see but STEPH AND ANS! Whoa! What are the chances!? They were supposed to be in Greece. Needless to say, we joined the pub crawl, and any plans we had to sleep before leaving for the airport at 4am went out the window. We had a great night, and it was fantastic to see the girls again. Luckily, the crawl ended right need the apartment, so it was a quick walk home.

Left the apartment at 4, off the the airport, and off to Krakow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home