Sunday, August 13, 2006

Berlin

First off, I'm so excited, because today I bought a little guitar to travel around with. So I was walking around Berlin all day playing it. Hooray! No more whining about having nothing to play.

Berlin is SO FUCKING AWESOME. I want to move here. There's punks and goths and metal kids everywhere, and there's heaps of cool looking bars and clubs and shops.

So, Nick and I went to see the Stasi museum today, but accidentally ended up at a little Stasi exhibit. Still, we saw that, and the Brandenburg gate and the Holocaust memorial. We headed to the park from there and heard a massive beat coming from somwhere. When we found it, it was a closed off street running through the middle of the park with a bunch of little stages, most with DJs, but one with a rockabilly band. So that was cool.
Then we tried to head for the place we were told Nick might be able to get his camera fixed, but by the time we got there it was too late. There was a cool looking blown up church, though.
From there we headed for a place that was advertised on the train called Modern Graphics, which we figured was an exhibit, but turned out to be a comics shop. That was cool, though. We loked at some sick art, and I bought a graphic novel called 2020 Visions. It seems really cool, and I need something (in English) to read.
Oh, yeah, and we had a beer at the Molotow Cocktail. We basically sat there talking about how cool Berlin is and how much we want to live there.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

goddamn you two and your berlin antics, come back and get me I want to come for beer and antics!! We all miss you!! Kisses and generally inappropriate house love!

2:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I TOLD YOU BERLIN ROCKED. Why d'ya think I went there twice? ;P

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home