Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Goodbye Italy

I'm in Venice until my train leaves for Munich at 22.50 (I love that they all use 24 hour clock here)

The boys and I went to the Vatican, but it was closed, so we went to St Peter's cathedral, which is a pretty cool building. When you walk in the size of it really hits you.
We went to the catacombs, but it was closed. So we broke in, but it turns out the bones reassemble themselves into skeletons to act as security guards, so we left pretty quickly.
Then, when we were waiting at the bus stop, one came in the wrong direction and Dhondy said that we should hop on, because it goes in a loop. Once we got on, we wondered why there would be a bus stop on the other side if it goes in a loop. The accompanying feeling of dread grew stonger as we got further and further into the countryside, and we finally (not soon enough) broke and got off. So there we were in the middle of nowhere, opposite a military facility, waiting at a shitty bus stop in the rain. There's a great photo.

When a bus came, it was the same driver who had helped us find the catacombs, so he must have thought we were complete idiots, but really's it's all Dhondy's fault, and he must be held entirely responsible. He cooked us yet another delicious meal to make up for it.

So, good times at Rome, then Adrian, Nick and I said goodbye to Dhondy and headed to Florence, because I could have Nick leave Italy without seeing it. We saw it, and had a good night. I managed to get hold of a guitar, but I'd rather I hadn't because by that time I was too drunk to play it, and that makes me angry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home