Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Sorry, folks

Argh! I just took half an hour to write out a big update, and fucking IE crashed before I posted it.

Ok, here goes again. The things I do for you guys. This one will be shorter, and may sound a little frustrated.

Well... when you last heard from me I had just arrived in Cinque Terre. Well, I had a good time at the campsite, and connected with two Canadian dudes. It was kind of a family orientened campsite, though, and the bar closed at 12 sharp. Very annoying. I didn't actually leave the campsite very much, because I suffered a minor injury that left me unable to walk far (a requisite ability to see the towns) on the first day, and on the second day I washed my clothes instead. Adrian (Kalan's boy) met up with us that night. Grouse bloke.

I left the group early the next morning to go to Verona and visit Meghan. Had a great time in the beautiful town. Saw Guiliette's balcony, but didn't feel the statue of her's breast for good luck. Saw an awesome weapons shop, too, and bought a big shiny knife.

I came back to Genova the next day to meet up with the girls + boy to board our cruise ship.
www.easycruise.com
When we got on, they handed us out doorkey that was also our charge card... that is, you don't pay cash, you put it on the card and settle it at the end. Dangerous. The fact that all prices were in pounds didn't make it any better. I'd rather not say what my final balance was.
We went to 1)Porto Fino, 2)San Remo, 3)Nice, 4)Cannes, 5)San Tropez and 6)Monaco

1) Very expensive. Saw a yacht called One More Toy. How deliciously obnoxious. We went to the beach, and I got smashed on a litre of wine with Adrian.

2) Beach. Lame. The beach sucks.

3) Nice. Climbed a big hill for a great veiw of the town. There was water feature carved into the top of the hill, that had little waterfalls, and tiny stream ran down the paths to the bottom. Then we went to the modern art gallery, a nice change from the beach. The first floor was devoted to a total hack called Raynaud. I don't know art, but I know that's not it. I'm sure it was just to make the next 4 floors look better by comparison. Then we went to the beach >P

4) In the evening we caught an awesome 20 minute fireworks show; Portugal's entry in the competition part of the Cannes pyrotechnics festival. I enjoyed the music they chose for it, too... they used a Björk song :)

5) The holiday destination for the stars, and home to many expensive sports cars. We were there the same day that Pamela Anderson and Kid Rock got married. We decided not to go to the wedding, though, but go to the beach instead. This beach was okay, because finally there were the many beautiful topless women I'd been promised from the European beaches.
Getting back was a bit of a debacle. We waited at the bus stop, but it didn't come. Found out from a local that the bus doesn't stop there anymore. SO WHY IS THERE A SIGN AND A TIMETABLE!?!
So, we started the long walk back to town. I guy pulled over in front of us and offered a lift. He could only fit four, so the girls got in Age and I kept walking and stuck our thumbs out. We watched the Lambourginis and Ferraris and Mercedes pass us for ages, before a Porche finally pulled over. I happened to have that cool knife I got in Verona on me, so I stuck it in the drivers back and kicked him out. I liked that knife, but I figured it was a good trade for the car. I forgot there was no way I could get the car on the boat with me. D'oh!
Oh well, we found the girls, dumped the car and got back on the boat in time for the drinking games. Drinking games with a predominately Welsh and Irish crowd is not always a recipe for great times, and a massive Welsh dude nearly picked a fight with me, but eventually fell over and broke his own nose on the deck instead. All in all, a good night.

6) I didn't leave the boat all day. Drinking games are the devil.


So, now we're in Genova, waiting for our midnight train to Rome, where we're meeting up with Nick Wollan. Yes, that's right, you suckers back home, I GET TO SEE HIM SOON. ner ner.

Kalan pondering the deeper meaning of Raynaud's master peice Cans of Soy Sauce Stacked in Front of a Chinese Flag

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What was your balance Nick, go on.

9:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So tell me more about this magic doorkey!

2:58 PM  
Blogger Nick Tresco said...

£161

Magic?

2:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home