Friday, September 15, 2006

Vienna



Well, here I am in Austria. When I got to the Wombat hostel last night, I discovered that SOMEONE had booked it for the wrong night. I went in search of a hostel, but found them to be too expensive. The park looked quite comfortable, and it was a pleasant night, so I made good on my promise to myself that I would crash in a public space at least once on my trip. Now THAT'S travelling.

I woke up some hours later when the sun came up, checked my bags at the hostel and headed into the part of town with all the cool stuff to see. Austrians LOVE benches. You shoud see their parks. The paths are lined with benches in every available space. If you need to sit down, come to Vienna. Anyway, that took me about an hour and a half. So I came here to the internet cafe to upload my photos, but that's gonna take ages, so I deleted Robot Chicken from my iRiver and copied them to that. Now I don't know what else there is to do here. It's not that cool a place.
Tomorrow I'm gonna take a day trip to Bratislava or Budapest, which are an hour or three away, respectively. The next day I'll do the other.
Then maybe I'll go back to Munich, where Oktoberfest is going on, and meet up with Steph and Ans.

I hope crybaby is having just as crappy a time in Athens.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

austrians are a tad anal - it is true ... but very 'nice' people

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home