Monday, September 18, 2006

Budapest, Bratislava

I ran into Matt, the dude we met at Krakow. He was staying at the same hostel. The bar at this hostel is rockin'. I managed to get up for the 10am train to Budapest anyway, though, and I caught it with Matt, who was going there anyway. We went to his hostel so he could drop his bags off and did the 4 hour Budapest sightseeing tour. It's a very nice city, and I get the vibe that it'd be a good place to stay for few nights. Still, in 4 hours I saw a whole lot of cool buildings, including two castles. Kababs are called Gyros there, and they're one of the worst I've had so far.
Today I went to Bratislava, which sucked. I failed to get into the old town because the public transport system is confusing, and when I caught the bus out of town to find the comic convention I saw an ad for I couldn't find that either.
Lame.

Now I'm going back to Munich, where there is, surprisingly, still accommodation, and some of it isn't even at extortionist prices. I can't book it, though, because most places don't accept bookings from debit cards, which is dumb. So, until I meet up with Nick again, I'll be rocking up and hoping for the best.
Wish me luck.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nick
Alice & I are so sad to hear of VB's passing - but what a way to go - loved, fed, adored, ETC ETC

Much luv
SMT xx

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home